Do I need to register the study?

Researchers are expected to ensure transparency when conducting research so that findings and best practice are shared for the benefit of the public. Transparency also ensures that research is not duplicated or unnecessary.

Your study must be registered on a publicly available database, and this is handled through the UK’s online integrated research application system (IRAS) for Health Research Authority (HRA)/Health and Care Research Wales approval.

For more information contact the Health and Care Research Wales support and delivery service.